TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Carrooka is a sole trader business, correspondence address: 32 Gladstone Street, Leek Staffordshire, ST13 5EP. Workshop address: Unit at the rear of 3 Ballhaye Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6JN Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 07900101802.
These terms and conditions are drafted in accordance with GDPR and The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, and shall apply to any contract made after the date commencing 1st March 2021.
FORMATION OF CONTRACT:
Completion of the online checkout process does not constitute a completed contract between us; it is an offer by you to buy products which is accepted by us when we send you a confirmation message by email.
(1) We will strive to deliver within the stated time. Delays may occur if you’re not in to receive the parcel, or if there are national conditions which cause disruptions to courier services. Our courier will attempt delivery 3 times, and then the parcel will either be held for collection or returned to us. If your parcel is delayed for any other reason please contact us and we’ll resolve the problem.
(2) We will send you a confirmation email when your order is received, which represents the start of our contract with you, you will receive another message from us when your items is dispatched.
(3) Our products are made with utmost care, in the unlikely event that your items are faulty or damaged on arrival please contact us within 30 days, we will arrange for collection from you at our cost and a replacement or refund depending on your preference. Please see additional terms below for international deliveries.
(4) If your order is delivered with considerable damage to the packaging or appears to have been damaged in transit, please DO NOT SIGN FOR THE PACKAGE and then contact us within 12 hours of delivery so that we can have some redress with our couriers. Please see additional terms below for international deliveries.
(5) Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to change your mind after purchasing items online. You must notify us within 14 calendar days from delivery, and pay for return delivery to the address specified on our website. Please return items in original condition and original or comparable suitable packaging. We reserve the right to withhold refunds until evidence of the return of products has been provided, but the initial delivery charge will be included in the refund. Please see additional notes below for international deliveries. To read more about your rights please see Directgov http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/contents/made.
Instructions for cancellation at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/schedule/3/made.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS (points 6 to 9)
(6) Customers placing orders for international delivery must be aware that they are liable for all import duties and local taxes. Carrooka has no control over what these additional charges will be. International duties and taxes are NOT included in your check-out payment. Duties and taxes are calculated on a country by country basis by local customs offices and will either be charged on delivery or customers will be notified by the courier that an invoice must be paid prior to delivery, or customers may receive an invoice after delivery. A delay in paying for local customs and taxes may result in an additional storage, administration and handling charges. Carrooka has no control over such charges and the customer remains liable for all such charges. A refusal to pay any charges relating to the international delivery of items, may result in the item being returned to Carrooka. In this instance, the customer will be liable to pay all return costs and all additional storage, administration and handling charges. Carrooka will invoice the customer for said charges.
(7) Carrooka will post international orders using a reputable airfreight courier service and will pack items sufficiently to arrive in good condition under normal handling. Due to the complexities of international deliveries, we aim to resolve issues arising from damaged deliveries or faulty items within the destination country if at all possible. This means that we may send you additional replacement parts and give instruction as to how to fit replacement parts yourself or using local skilled labour. Where there are costs arising from this, Carrooka will refund these costs to the card used for the initial purchase, as long as costs are agreed in writing in advance. If a local repair is not possible, we will discuss resolutions with customers on an individual basis, solutions may include, a replacement item being sent without the need to return the faulty item, or a refund and cancellation of order. We hope to work in the spirit of cooperation to deal with issues relating to international orders in order to minimise airmiles and expense to all parties.
(8) International customers have the same right to change their minds about their purchase as customers in the UK (see point 5 above), BUT we would strongly advise customers to carefully consider a purchase before having items shipped overseas. Customers are wholly liable for all return costs under these circumstances. If customers do change their mind about purchase where there is no item fault, Carrooka will liaise with the customer to discuss alternates to return as a first choice, this may include the customer selling the item locally in order to avoid additional return expenses.
(8) All international communications will be in English language.
(9) Carrooka rule books are currently supplied ONLY in English.
GDPR: PRIVACY AND HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
(1) We use your data to prepare and dispatch orders placed with us. This involves sharing your address, telephone number, and email address with a reputable courier company who will deliver your order. We also use your contact details to update you about the status of your order.
(2) We respect your privacy and will never share your personal details, unless we have a legal duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
(3) We will not send you any marketing emails unless you have requested to join our mailing list. You can leave our mailing list at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided on our emails, or by contacting us.
(4) Under the GDPR you have the right to access the data we hold about you. We are obliged to respond within one month. In the majority of cases we will respond much sooner than this.
(5) We will anonymise all the data we hold about you after 6 months of your purchase (the length of our guarantee) unless you have consented to us holding your information via a sign-up form to our mailing list. Anonymised data will be held for 7 years as proof of sale for HMRC purposes.
Any matter that may arise out of your use of this Website (including any distance contract entered into through carrooka.com) shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. All contracts shall be concluded in English.